"These skewers are a great way to add a variety of flavours to any dinner party. They're easy to make and it's easy to change the ingredients." - Chef Rick Tarantino, M.S.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 3-5 minutes
Servings 2-3 people
|230g Assorted Meats: Prosciutto di Parma, Sopressata, Capicola||200g Assorted Vegetables: Zucchini, Baby Eggplant & Steamed Sweet Potatoes|
|140g Dressed Mozzarella Balls||140g Cherry Tomatoes|
|140g Rockmelon Balls||Handful Rosemary Stems|
|1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon Truffle Oil|
|1 Tablespoon Aged Balsamic Vinegar||1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan (or Celtic Sea) Salt|
|1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper||1 Tablespoon Assorted Herbs: Basil, Thyme & Parsley|
|Roasting Dish||Paring Knife|
- Use a melon baller and scoop rockmelon to form 13-15 balls.
- Remove half to 2/3 of the rosemary leaves, leaving some at the top.
- Layer prosciutto, rockmelon and if desired, additional herbs.
- Dress mozzarella balls in a mixture of various herbs, crushed red pepper and olive oil.
- Layer mozzarella, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Grill mixed vegetables for roughly 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Layer meats and assorted vegetables.
- Garnish with extra virgin olive oil, truffle oil and/or balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- You can also grill or broil the finished rosemary skewers to enhance the flavour.
Plating PreparationOn a platter, arrange the skewers so they look slightly rustic. Sprinkle herbs and drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
Chef Rick's TipsTun this into an Asian fusion appetiser instead: grill 250g prawns and drizzle with 2 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise. Garnish with scallions and crushed peanuts.
Add extra fun and flavour with fried mozzarella. Dredge mozzarella in an egg wash and breadcrumb batter, then fry. Serve with 100ml of marinara sauce and garnish with basil.
Serve this as a side. Adjust serving size to 2-3 skewers, and serve them alongside an entrée.
Take a look at Chef Rick's website for more mouthwatering recipes.
Enjoyed this recipe? Check out these other blogs...
Tired & Old: How to Refresh Your Dining Space from the Inside Out
5 Fancy Food Trends You'll See in 2017
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe