A lighter take on the popular cream of cauliflower soup, this simple recipe calls for few ingredients but remains full of flavour.
Although it is often assumed that pale foods offer little nutritional value, cauliflower is high in Vitamin C, known for its ability to strengthen the immune system and eye-sight. Seasonings of fragrant nutmeg, salt and pepper really bring this dish to life, so don’t be afraid to add extra to suit your tastes.
For a vegetarian or vegan option, simply replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock. If you’re after something a little more indulgent, try garnishing with a little sharp blue cheese, an excellent partner for cauliflower.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
|2 tbsp olive oil||1 brown onion, finely chopped|
|1 cauliflower, cut into little florets||6 cups chicken stock|
|salt and pepper, to season||½ tsp nutmeg|
- In a Large Saucepan, heat the oil then add chopped onion till softened and golden.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer,covered on low heat for 15 minutes.
- With a stick blender, mix the soup well till smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and serve.