Don’t underestimate this fuss-free recipe – it’s fast and family friendly, while still offering the nutritional benefits of home cooking. Skin-free chicken thighs add protein and a full flavour to the broth, while the tomatoes contribute potassium, essential for healthy whole-body functioning. The spaghetti brings the soup together, creating a hearty and filling meal. A simple way to make use of leftover chicken thighs and stock, or a quick recipe to cook from scratch, this tasty soup is perfect for those nights when you’re pressed for time in the kitchen. Fresh coriander to garnish adds another layer of flavour – substitute with parsley if preferred.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
|250 g thin spaghetti, broken into 1 inch pieces||350 g cooked chicken thighs, skinned and boned, cut into bite size pieces|
|2 tbsp olive oil||5 cups of chicken stock|
|1 tbsp butter||1 tsp salt|
|¾ cup crushed tomatoes||½ freshly cracked black pepper|
|½ tbsp tomato paste||½ cup finely chopped coriander leaves|
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan on medium heat, add the spaghetti and stir for 7 minutes until golden.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken thigh pieces while stirring until all ingredients are well mixed together.
- Add chicken stock, salt, pepper and stir.
- Bring soup to a boil then simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve bowls of soup sprinkled with coriander.